SAM Project Objectives
- Build a sector skills strategy in AM;
- Assess and anticipate skills (gaps and shortages) in AM;
- Support with data the AM European Qualification System and foster wideness of its scope;
- (Re)design professional profiles according to the industry requirements;
- Develop specific relevant qualifications to be delivered for the AM Sector;
- Increase the attractiveness of the sector to young people, whilst promoting gender balance;
- Strengthen education-research-industry partnerships and encourage creativity “in companies and relevant educational and scientific institutions”;
- Track students, trainees and job seekers and promote match making between job offer and search.
By doing these, SAM ambitious challenge is to develop a Sector Skills Strategy in Additive Manufacturing by establishing a platform for AM skills at European, National and Regional levels.