Skills Strategy Roadmap
The European Additive Manufacturing Roadmap is providing the overall guidance for implementing SAM’s strategy until 2030, outlining how the project intends to address the evolving sector needs and challenges towards AM skills development.
The Strategy includes:
- Challenges in Additive Manufacturing (AM) “Gap Drivers”, illustrating the foremost obstacles to the development of the European AM sector;
- Strategic objectives, defined as purpose statements, grounding the overall sector skills roadmap vision and measurable steps to overcome the challenges faced by the AM sector;
- Actions, illustrating concrete and feasible solutions for each “gap driver”, helping to maximize the success of the strategy.
- Impact representing the expected degree of success at countering each “gap driver”;
- Recommendations formulated as proposals, best practices, and guidance actions for further implementation by the different target groups, to take the best course of actions
- Target groups, correspond to four main groups of stakeholders (e.g. Education, Industry, EU citizens/workers, legislators and policy makers) responsible for, directly or indirectly, contributing to for the recommendations,
The flagship activity of the Skills Strategy Roadmap consists in the deployment of the International AM Qualification System (IAMQS) through a network of training providers, sustained by a strong connection between a wide range of industrial sectors, which are applying AM in their activity or intend to do so.